Now Hiring: Graphic Designer/Administrative Assistant
Posted On: 1/17/2012 10:30:12 AM
$0Group One Communications, publisher of The Neighborhood Source, direct mail magazine, and Discover Indy Savings Books, seeks to add a graphic designer with strong administrative skills to support its in-house Marketing Department and sales staff. The ideal candidate should possess a Graphic Design or Fine Arts degree with at least 4 years of general work experience. Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated with strong organizational skills. Must be able to work independently in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
In addition to the primary task of creating new ads, marketing materials and editing existing ad copy; shared responsibilities include administrative duties, such as ordering office supplies, answering phones, helping walk-in retail customers and maintaining our social media presence.
• Must be proficient using Mac OSX, Adobe CS3, Microsoft Word & Excel. QuarkXpress experience is preferred.
• Must be able to demonstrate creative experience with a advertising and marketing portfolio.
• Candidate should possess a firm understanding of branding, layout, color theory, and typography in digital and print media.
• Web design and Email marketing experience preferred
• Excellent communication and organizational skills required
• Ability to work independently or collaboratively, with a high attention to detail
• Working knowledge of the print process and the ability to prepare files for press
• Must be able to handle multiple projects at once
• Must be able to lift and carry 20-30 lbs. as needed
Salary based on experience. Please submit resume, salary requirements and 5 samples from your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: Group One Communications, C/O Elizabeth Griffith, 9760 Mayflower Park Dr.
Carmel, IN 46032
Permanent Link: http://www.discoverindy.com/news/now-hiring-junior-graphic-designer